Meghan Markle said she doesn’t understand why women are “vilified” for exploring their sexuality while she said it appeared that men are instead “celebrated” for doing the same.
During Markle’s Spotify podcast “Archetypes” on Tuesday, the former “Suits” actress talked about what she called the double standard when it comes to men and women “exploring” their “sensuality” while speaking with guest — and “Sex and the City” author — TV producer Candace Bushnell and trans activist Michaela Jaé Rodriguez. It starts at the 43:47 minute mark.
“One of the things that I think as all women, we face, as you’re getting older, you’re exploring and starting to understand your sensuality, your feminine divine,” the Duchess of Sussex shared. “Your sexuality, oftentimes, it can be very much used against you.”
Meghan Markle: Women are ‘vilified’ for exploring their sexuality https://t.co/nQUOgIjIMM pic.twitter.com/n0gC6VNaGY
— New York Post (@nypost) November 22, 2022
“A man, if he is a player, out having fun or whatever he’s doing, it’s often celebrated, even heralded,” she added. “But for a woman, I don’t care if she is perhaps the most successful woman in finance in her mid-50s, I promise you, someone will still go, ‘But she was such a slut in college.’ It will stick with her.”
“And I don’t understand what it is about the stigma surrounding women and their sexuality, the exploration of their sexuality that is so much more vilified than for a man…,”Markle continued.
On one of the duchess’ podcast recently she claimed to have been “objectified” during her job as a “suitcase girl” on the game show “Deal or No Deal,” as The Daily Wire previously reported.
“And by the way, I was surrounded by smart women on that stage with me, but that wasn’t the focus of why we were there,” Markle explained. “And I would end up leaving with this pit in my stomach knowing that I was so much more than what was being objectified on the stage.”
“I didn’t like feeling forced to be all looks and little substance, and that’s how it felt for me at the time—being reduced to this specific archetype,” she added.
Markle and her husband Prince Harry’s upcoming Netflix docuseries will reportedly come out on December 8, the outlet reported. The Duchess and Duke of Sussex reportedly were “having second thoughts” on the project previously following the late Queen Elizabeth II’s death, a source shared with Page Six.
Meghan and Harry tied the knot in 2018. In March of 2020, the duke and duchess stepped down from their royal roles, and eventually ended up leaving the United Kingdom, moving to Southern California where they now raise their two children.
RELATED: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Rumored To Have ‘At-Home’ Docuseries Coming To Netflix: Report